Vencore Agile Software Development Lead in Silver Spring, Maryland
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Software development lead to support the Earth Observation Requirements Evaluation System (EORES) Application development effort for NOAA and USGS to work together to design, develop, and document a system, using current agile technologies, that will support the work of:
- conducting observing system portfolio analysis
- capturing, verifying, and validating system-independent observing requirements
capturing, querying, and assessing “value-tree” information at the organizational and inter-agency levels
Onsite task lead to guide the team and provide an interface with division leadership.
- Support the continued development of Earth Observation Requirements Evaluation System (EORES), a database structure that reflects the end-to-end value-based tree for Earth observations
- Define, refine, and make recommendations for strategic planning, communications plans, IT architecture, and project portfolios.
- Investigate, provide solutions, and make recommendations to solve application issues and shortcomings; perform trade studies of commercial alternatives to building systems in-house.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues.
- Provide extensive knowledge of information systems operation and management.
- Support the Division IPTs and working group activities with analytical, project management, and NOAA IT infrastructure expertise.
- Foster and maintain intra-and inter-NOAA partnerships; liaison with other Federal agencies and government working groups.
- Assist NOAA in collecting information on NOAA’s business strategies to include its mission, goals, vision, expected outcomes and performance measurement, and NOAA’s business operations to include its programs, capabilities, alternatives and options.
Bachelor's (or equivalent) with 10 - 12 yrs of experience or a Master's with 8 - 10 yrs of experience.
Agile S/W Development experience using these tools/platforms/concepts:
- Set up and managed agile development environments and CD/CI/DevOps pipelines including scrum, XP, and Kanban
- Customized and integrated COTS products such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Version control using GIT, TFS, and Artifactory.
- Collaboration using JIRA, TFS, and SharePoint
- Configuration Management using Ansible and iTop.
- Microsoft Test Manager and Selenium for test frameworks
Certifications are desired
NOAA Public Trust access is required, processing will be submitted before Day 1.
This position located in Silver Spring, MD may require limited travel to local NOAA offices. This role is typically 40 hours per week with limited or no overtime required. One day of telecommuting may be approved by the Customer after confidence/routine is established with the Customer.
Job ID 2018-49668
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Software Development
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Public Trust
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time