Vencore DataPower Systems Engineer in Springfield, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Provide engineering, management, and operational support services to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection on a Data Center Support Services (DCSS) contract supporting the (CBP) Enterprise Data Management & Engineering (EDME) Division. EDME provides innovative Information Technology (IT) services and solutions.
The ideal candidate will be well versed DataPower with experience and technical knowledge of web services, service-oriented architecture (SOA), and Enterprise Service Buses (ESB). The role will be working in a team environment, this position is responsible administration and troubleshooting DataPower.
The candidate will also assist with Web service setup and Deployment on a Java/J2EE platform. The candidate will also provide input and develop solutions for WebSphere DataPower. The candidate will also debug and solve problems using system development methodologies, techniques and tools. The candidate will perform SSL Data Power troubleshooting, services instrumentation, monitoring and logging and review/write scripts using various scripting languages.
Responsibilities will include:
- Serves as subject matter expert or Systems Engineer, possessing in-depth knowledge of a particular area, such as business, computer science, engineering, mathematics, or the various sciences.
- Provides technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications and operational environments, high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration, documentation and implementation advice on exceptionally complex problems that need extensive knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
- Participates as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, testing, integration, documentation, and presentation phases. Applies principles, methods and knowledge of the functional area of capability to specific task order requirements, advanced mathematical principles and methods to exceptionally difficult and narrowly defined technical problems in engineering and other scientific applications to arrive at automated solutions.
- Provides analysis related to the design, development, and integration of hardware, software, man-machine interfaces and all system level requirements to provide an integrated IT solution.
- Develops integrated system test requirement, strategies, devices and systems.
- Directs overall system level testing.
- Design solution components using IIB, MQ · Define/Enhance Alerting, exceptions and logging framework for Interfaces
- Drive the solution discussions with customer SMEs, Business teams
- Work with Platform architects for Admin related activities for MQ, MFT etc. platforms
- Understand client application landscape and environment for middleware integrations
Requires 10+ years of professional experience, BS degree, MS is preferred. BS may be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience, and a MS may be substituted with an additional 2 years of related experience.
Position requires minimum of 8+ years of IT experience with 5+ years of experience in development with IBM WebSphere enterprise architecture integration technologies using IBM Data power XI50/XI52.
- Experience in code migration and implementation using DataPower appliances in all regions
- 4 years’ experience in providing solutions in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and REST based architecture using IBM DataPower.
- 5 years’ experience in developing the DataPower based solution using Web-Service Proxies, Multi-Protocol Gateways (MPG) and XML Firewalls.
- 2 years knowledge on WebSphere MQ technology and integration of MQ with DataPower.
- 4 years Implementation experience on using digital certificates for SSL mutual authentication using Data Power.
- Strong knowledge in XML, WSDL, XSLT, JSON, XML Schema, and XPATH.
- Experience in working with WebSphere Transformation Extender(WTX)
- Experience in supporting in Production issues with an ability to understand the system logs and system errors .
- Good Analytical and logical problem solving abilities and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take ownership of the task and work independently as well as work with offshore team.
- Working experience in financial institution would be a plus. Working experience with Java would be a plus.
Job ID 2018-50339
# of Openings Remaining 2
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Public Trust
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time