Vencore Enterprise Architect in Springfield, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Join a skilled, highly respected and long standing team supporting product quality mission for the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA).This is an unique opportunity to enhance your career by working with the community subject matter experts, directly with the customer and with project autonomy not customarily given as a government contractor.
- The successful candidate will work as aLead DevOps/Cloud (D/C) Engineertasked with providing expert-level consultation to identify existing DevOps tools to support the mission, and conduct the integration, testing, and support needed to implement selected tools withinthe NGA Integration Test & Image Quality Office(TAC)..
- The Lead DevOps/Cloud (D/C) Engineer will have demonstrated experience successfully implementing a broad range of DevOps activities such as test and deployment automation strategies, release and configuration management and the utilization of cloud-based technologies for the creation of immutable environments.
- The Lead D/C Engineer will lead the assessment of current legacy processes and the re-engineering of new methodologies and processes, with strong emphasis on cloud capabilities and Platform as a Service / Infrastructure as a Service (PaaS/IaaS), and will have demonstrated ability to coordinate all aspects of a release lifecycle including development and test activities and releases/deployment of code through different environments (Development, Test, Staging, UAT, Production).
- The Lead D/C Engineer will have the knowledge and skills to lead a team creating self-service capabilities for developers to write and manage microservices.
Requires BA/BS with 10 years of experience with at least 4 years of management level responsibility. Incumbent has specialized knowledge in at least one area of expertise and a general knowledge in 1-2 other areas.
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional
- Proven track record assessing and reviewing existing application architecture and providing assessment results, recommendations and insights.
- Extensive experience in Cloud/Data Center administration, especially with a public cloud provider (e.g., AWS).
Hands-on, current experience with the function, configuration, outputs, and limitations of common cloud and DevOps environments and tools, including:
Configuration/project management (e.g., RedMine, Jira, etc.)
- Source Control (like Git, Bitbucket, Svn, etc.)
- Continuous Integration (like Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Test Automation (like selenium, soapUI, Jmeter, etc.)
- Infrastructure Automation (like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Deployment Automation & Orchestration (like Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, etc.)
Cloud (like AWS, Azure, GoogleCloud, Openstack, etc.)
Experience, or working knowledge with implementing DevOps processes such as Green/Blue deployments and Canary releases, and with DevOps Architecture best practices such as Microservices, and Infrastructure as Code.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Environment management, technical troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated scripting and deployment automation skills/experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Experience developing code in at least one high-level programming language.
- Knowledge of ICD 503 requirements and their application to secure information systems.
- Knowledge of tasking, collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination image chain
Knowledge of sensor imaging systems, products, and/or exploitation processes
Strong understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle to include independent testing and data verification
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with emphasis on briefing to obtain decisions and solve technical issues and test plans/reports writing
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness to learn, solve problems and perform in a dynamic work environment
- Experience working in a DoD or IC operational environment.
Job ID 2018-50286
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Systems Architecture
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time