Vencore GEOINT Business & Systems Innovation Engineer in Springfield, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver, coordinate, and validate engineering procedures and solutions for Human Capital Systems by leveraging repeatable processes that will reduce risks and costs to all technical baselines across the community via the configuration management process on a government directed schedule
- Deliver engineering artifacts (workflows, CONOPS, templates, operating procedures and policies) to design, implement, and communicate new requirements necessary to align new and existing business processes across HD.
- Develop detailed test plans, test reports and lead all test activities to support the enterprise operational architecture.
- Manage and facilitate governance boards by providing engineering expertise, requirements analysis, and secretariat support for all Human Capital projects at government direction.
- Develop and maintain online communications, exchange mechanisms, change management and process improvements to deliver human capital systems business processes, technical requirements, and user stories in an agile environment.
- Leverage new and emerging technologies using agile methodologies to mature features and capabilities
Plan/Execute system capabilities, maintain the configuration management baseline, and manage all governance and integration test activities
Collaborate with enterprise management to define “Big Data” requirements in order to develop the HD Enterprise Architecture
Enforce standards and security policies to ensure compliance with technology insertion.
Apply SE processes: systems planning/implementation; requirements and gap analysis; interface definition; implementation planning; risk; test readiness; and system transition
Serves as the subject matter expert to the software developer in establishing agile milestone events, i.e., user acceptance test activities.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance with SSBI current within 5 years
- BS in Engineering, CS, Info Systems, Math, or related scientific or technical degree
- 11+ years’ experience in systems engineering, systems integration, process engineering, information technology or related technical field
- Relevant SE&I (INCOSE), ITIL, Agile (SAFe) cert; cloud methodologies knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in Business Process Re-engineering & designing workflows
- Demonstrated experience with Infrastructure Service Provider Virtual Environments
Experience in system integration of enterprise wide corporate applications
Demonstrated ability/experience identifying/solving problems reviewing related info to develop/evaluate options & implement solutions with supervision / direction / coaching
Strong customer service teaming skills; ability to collaborate in cross-functional team
Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, and ability to conduct technical forums
- Working knowledge of the NGA/NSG enterprise organization, leadership, programs, & systems
- MS in Engineering, CS, Info Systems, Math, or related scientific or technical discipline
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
Experience as NGA/NSG enterprise or Mission Partner systems engineer and/or integrator
Systems Analysis Experience - Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes
Job ID 2018-50291
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time