Vencore Innovation Stakeholder Advocate in Springfield, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The Innovation Engineering team focuses on innovative and disruptive solutions that enhance the GEOINT mission. To ensure we are delivering relevant capabilities, we must constantly involve NGA analysts, users, product owners, and warfighters throughout the full life cycle of our acquisition efforts. Delivery of minimum viable products (MVP) offers the ability to, based on user feedback, modify products as development occurs. It encourages innovative ideas from those most involved in the end product. Through a coherent outreach effort, we will engage the industry and academic entities where innovation takes place, and foster an innovative and interdependent relationship with them to improve our respective competencies.
The Innovation Engineering team is responsible for working with mission stakeholders to understand their needs, as well as their obstacles to achieving their goals. Translate and post problems to elicit innovative solutions from industry and other GEOINT community stakeholders, communicating to industry through outreach.
- Top Secret/SCI (Active SCI within 2 years; SSBI current within 5 years)
- BS in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or related engineering, scientific or technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience in related field
- Development of professional educational materials, including instructor-led course manuals used in customer, partner, and employee training classes.
- Assist with training, education and program responsibilities to include metrics, strategy, administrative report and review.
- Experience how technology enables learning and are dedicated to keeping up with innovations, research, theories, technologies, and trends in the education field.
- Ability to assist in developing policies and performance metrics for curriculum effectiveness
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in rapid prototyping, iterative design, or in other practices that streamline development processes is desired.
- MS in Software Engineering, Comp Sci, Info Systems, Math, or related engineering, scientific or technical discipline
- Experience in: Innovation mainstreaming model, Design Thinking, Lean Start-up, Business Model Canvas, agile acquisition and market technology analysis,
- IT entrepreneurial venture capital market/process & Agile Lean Start-up knowledge; Extreme Prototyping methods
- Experience in customer needs assessment, user persona templates, and leveraging of commercial techniques for evaluation of satisfaction measurement/metrics tools
- Knowledge of the NGA and other IC and DoD IT architectures and mission applications, both ‘As-Is’ and ‘To Be’
Job ID 2018-50593
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time