Vencore Middleware Systems Administrator in Springfield, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Vencore providesengineering, management, and operational support services to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection on a Data Center Support Services (DCSS) contract supporting the (CBP) Enterprise Data Management & Engineering (EDME) Division. EDME provides innovative Information Technology (IT) services and solutions. Vencore performs technical support services for CBP in the following principle technical areas Business Continuity Planning, Middleware Infrastructure Support, Windows Support Group, and Common Enterprise Technology Integration.
To support this important effort, we are seeking a Middleware System Administrator to support the integrity and governance of a system/software solution, including best practices for delivering services. Develop, deploy and support infrastructures, applications, software solutions and technology initiatives from an architectural and operational perspective in conjunction with existing standards and methods of delivery. Support technical escalation of advanced issues for problem resolution. Apply deep knowledge of industry standards and vendor certifications. This resource will be primarily responsible for installing, supporting and maintaining servers or other computer systems, and planning for and responding to service outages and other problems. In addition, this resource will perform periodic scripting/programming of their particular system, throughout the life of the project. Duties include providing hands-on analysis of issues, issue reporting, and incident management. This resource will train other operators on system parameters to meet needs
This position will require and be responsible for the management of, monitoring the performance, utilization of the various server resources, support the analysis as well as correction of all end-user computing and network problems that may be associated with server processing.
The Middleware System Administrator will provide key input into technical designs for a variety of projects. Responsible for the implementation of all changes to Middleware components, from request for change or project initiation through to deployment and review, to supporting the continued availability, effectiveness and risk compliance of the infrastructure. Takes responsibility for completing tasks, focusing on requirements and planning to meet client needs, which the job holder helps to identify advice and recommend technical solutions based on experience and Industry knowledge. Key duties include:
• The implementation of complex changes to the infrastructure
• Building and creating products and services
• Supporting solutions that meets the requirements
• Preparing documentation that explains the technical solution clearly
• Maintaining or enhancing systems infrastructure components and services to ensure that infrastructure is in vendor supported and standards compliant state.
• Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
• Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
• Respond to incidents according to the government approved Incident Response Plan developed as part of the EOC Task.
• Provide 24x7x365 integration support for all Middleware components (including networking) and OIT supported applications interfaces, including but not limited to MQ/Data Power support products (commercial-off-the-shelf and proprietary)
Bachelor's (or equivalent) with 5 - 8years of experience, or a Master's and 3 to 5 years of experience.
- 2 years’ experience IBM MQ is messaging middleware
- 2 years’ experience Skilled in incident, problem and change management
- 2 years’ experience in depth experience of working in a 2nd/3rd line IT support or project delivery environment
- 3 years’ experience within Middleware, JAVA or related technology
- 2 years’ experience Open Source Application Hosting Platforms (eg JBoss, Tomcat or Apache)
- 3 years’ experience Knowledge of IBM Application Hosting Platforms (WebSphere Application Server)
- 3 years’ experience working on high visibility or mission critical aspects of a given program and performs all functional duties independently.
- Experience in a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Knowledgeable in the administration of Microsoft and Linux servers, Microsoft SQL, VMware virtualization technologies, Firewalls, VPN, and Cisco IOS.
- Supervision of complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities.
- Professional experience scripting in some administrative language (PowerShell, Batch, Perl, etc.).
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of a hybrid cloud integrate with multiple public cloud service providers.
- Experience with automation of the end-to-end service fulfilment for application hosting (e.g., automate virtual machine creation, OS installation and configuration, IP addressing and DNS registration, Java container deployment and configuration, and integration with access management solution).
- US Citizenship
Job ID 2018-49971
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Public Trust
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time