Vencore Project Coordinator in Springfield, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Vencore provides engineering, management, and operational support services to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection on a Data Center Support Services (DCSS) contract supporting the (CBP) Enterprise Data Management & Engineering (EDME) Division. EDME provides innovative Information Technology (IT) services and solutions. Vencore performs technical support services for CBP in the following principle technical areas Business Continuity Planning, Middleware Infrastructure Support, Windows Support Group, and Common Enterprise Technology Integration.
To support this important effort, we are seeking a Project Coordinator to be a member of the Project Management Group and work with the MQ Teams. The Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating activities and tracking milestone achievements. JIRA will be used to track progress and to track issues. The selected candidate will monitor Change Requests (CRs) and document status and prepare resources for CBP Change Board meetings.
Additional duties may include providing written and verbal communications associated with the project, providing customer support associated with all aspects of the project, and performing some project management tasks as needed. Will support the integrity and governance of a system/software solution, including best practices for delivering services. Develop, deploy and support infrastructures, applications, software solutions and technology initiatives from an architectural and operational perspective in conjunction with existing standards and methods of delivery. Support technical escalation of L3/advanced issues for problem resolution. Apply deep knowledge of industry standards and vendor certifications. This resource will be primarily responsible for installing, supporting and maintaining servers or other computer systems, and planning for and responding to service outages and other problems. In addition, this resource will perform periodic scripting/programming of their particular system, throughout the life of the project. Duties include providing hands-on analysis of issues, issue reporting, and incident management. This resource will train other operators on system parameters to meet needs.
This position will require and be responsible for the management of, monitoring the performance, utilization of the various server resources, support the analysis as well as correction of all end-user computing and network problems that may be associated with server processing.
- BS/BA degree plus 3-10 years’ experience, 4 years additional experience can be substituted for BA/BS degree; or a MS degree and 6-8 years of relevant experience.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; technical writing experience a plus
- Experience with incident, problem, change management
- Familiar with the Change Board process
- Familiar with Change Requests
- Familiar with JIRA or similar product
- Experience working in a 2nd/3rd line IT support or project delivery environmentExperience working on high visibility or mission critical aspects of a program and performing functional duties independently
- 2 years’ experience IBM MQ is messaging middleware
- 3 years’ experience within Middleware, JAVA or related technology
- 2 years’ experience Open Source Application Hosting Platforms (eg JBoss, Tomcat or Apache)
- 3 years’ experience Knowledge of IBM Application Hosting Platforms (WebSphere Application Server)
US Citizenship required; must be eligible for Public Trust security clearance.
Previous experience supporting the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is desired
- Current Public Trust Security Clearance is desired
Job ID 2018-50742
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Program Control
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Public Trust
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time