Vencore Senior-Source Strategies Analyst in Springfield, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Source Strategies Analyst (SSA) responsible for identifying applying or developing the most appropriate strategies or procedures to effectively perform complex GEOINT analysis, gain a complete understanding of the complex GEOINT situations or problems by identifying key issues and assumptions and collecting relevant information from traditional and non-traditional sources, and analyze and integrate the information to efficiently and effectively identify patterns or trends and draw reasonable, logical conclusions for complex GEOINT problems. Complete sound and timely GEOINT analysis in a variety of situation affecting their own work.
Be a self-starter, be able to work alone, yet be able to share information with team members and customers in a timely manner. Work with no oversight, fully capable of meeting all service requirements without direction and directing lower level (apprentice and journeyman) staff with quality control and quality assurance checks. Provide support and advice to senior level NGA office level leadership on processes, procedures, technology, and items of interest. Lead collaboration across NGA and IC analysts that contributes to analytical synergy that is better than the sum of the individual parts.
Senior - The Source Strategies Analyst (SSA) should be recognized throughout NGA and the IC as extremely knowledgeable in applying imagery effectively to intelligence issues. Advanced level knowledge and skills demonstrated in previous work in their field. 10 years or greater but less than 20 years of experience. A bachelor degree in a field related to the support services may count for up to four years of experience. A master degree in a field related to the support services may count for up to two additional years of experience.
The Source Strategies Analyst shall have demonstrated experience in:
• Providing support to and preparing policy documents in support of emerging needs
• Coordinating policy with internal and external participants
• Providing Personnel Recovery mission support
• Preparing written correspondence to senior level staff and briefing senior level staff (e.g. flag officer)
• Possess a broad understanding of the IC and DoD and its policies, programs, and subordinate organizations to include Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Joint Staff, the Joint (or Combatant Commands) Commands, the Services and the Defense Agencies, and customer service experience in working with senior level personnel within the IC, DoD, Agencies and the National Intelligence Council (NIC).
• Have expert skills with all capabilities and use all GIMS functionalities to include but not limited to Reviewing customer needs Advanced Search, Dissemination Rules, Strategies, NGDS-Discovery Services, GIN Creation, GIN Modification and Approval, Tasking Dashboard, Geospatial Dashboard, Supplier Management, OOI Target Creation, OOI Query, OOI Modification, OOI Management, AGI Search, Virtual File Folders, and UIM Approved Product Holdings (Report) Search
• Advanced skills with MS office, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Job ID 2015-41214
# of Openings Remaining 3
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time