Vencore Sensor Integration Performance Engineer in Springfield, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide performance engineering and analysis expertise and results to AoA studies to optimize and inform decision making on potential Enterprise changes (cost/schedule/performance)
- Perform Modeling & Simulation to determine mission benefits and impacts of near and long term future enterprise capabilities spanning the entire tasking, collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination (TCPED) cycle.
- Support joint CONOPS and performance requirements development for integration and initialization of new data source capabilities into NGA ground enterprise.
- Lead the development of predictive analysis to determine future data trends and assess potential chokepoints and system performance issues while evaluating key performance indicators.
- Analyze detailed system requirements and specifications for large, distributed architectures.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering (aerospace, mechanical, electrical, software), physics, mathematics, or related technical discipline
- 11+ years of Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) experience (e.g., requirements, CONOPS , architecture, analysis, capabilities implementation, SLC process experience), with 10 years of recent agency-specific experience
- 5+ years of experience with systems analysis, modeling and performance analysis or related experience
- Working knowledge of NGA systems and applications and their interdependencies
- Working knowledge of orbital mechanics, aerospace and physics in the context of satellite operation and remote sensing.
- Experience with modeling, simulation and analysis
- Ability to interpret requirements, specifications and CONOPs documents
- Experience in leading or performing data analytics and assessments, projects and/or studies
- Excellent oral presentation, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to clearly explain technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences
Desired Qualifications :
- Working knowledge of intelligence community TCPED
- Working knowledge of remote sensing collection performance; understanding of end-to-end Satellite engineering
- Experience in operations research analysis
- Experience in network performance analysis
- Experience in program languages such as C, C++, Fortran, Perl, SQL, R, MATLAB, Python
Job ID 2018-50890
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time