Vencore Space Systems Product Specialist in Springfield, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Evaluate, assess performance and establish mission-level requirements for measuring the Earth’s core magnetic field from low-earth orbit. Performs performance analysis of material solutions proposed by industry and government development centers such as NASA and NOAA.Evaluates new technologies for application in improving design of systems.Analyzes specifications and performance requirements to determine if proposed designs will meet objectives of NGA products. Develops evaluation criteria for instrument and satellite system performance.Analyzes proposals and engineering data to determine feasibility, productibility, cost, and production time of aerospace or aeronautical products. Formulates mathematical models or other methods of computer analysis to develop, evaluate, or modify design according to customer engineering requirements.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Info Systems, Math, Physics or related scientific or technical discipline
- 11+ yearsin directly related experience in engineering or scientific field
- Experience in one of the following: evaluating earth coverage and re-visit times for various constellations of LEO satellites; science quality magnetic field measurements from space; and/or rapid proto-typing and cost estimating of small satellite systems
- Demonstrated capability and success working in small team environments
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; demonstrated ability to clearly explain technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences
- Customer focused and capable of representing the customer in community forms
- SME would provide independent assessments and evaluations to NGA
- Some OCONUS travel may be required
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated understanding of nano-satellite technology
- Experience developing and evaluating magnetic signatures of satellites
- Experience in conducting technology studies within the USG
- Experience in missions such as CHAMP and Swarm are highly desirable
- High degree of computer literacy with ability to rapidly learn complex applications and data tools.
Job ID 2018-49906
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time