Vencore Statistician IV in Springfield, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Vencore is seeking a motivated Senior Statistician to support System and Product Quality in support of NGA Integration Test & Image Quality Office (TAC) on the Acadia program. The successful candidate will have a proven track record successfully working as the primary statistical expert as part of a collaborative team in a dynamic environment providing statistical analysis and methodology support for Government-originated data analysis studies. The Senior Statistician will demonstrate ability to develop tactical study plans to answer business questions, perform quantitative research, and provide written summaries of study results. An expert-level ability to select and implement statistical analysis appropriate to the problems presented, and conduct statistical analyses to derive conclusions will be key. The Senior Statistician will demonstrate a strong background engaging customers and team members on design and methodological issues, evaluating relative advantage of collecting new data versus using extant data, and defining statistical design and methodology to meet study needs.
- Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD. Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Computer Science or in a related Engineering or Mathematics with strong concentration in programmin
- Demonstrated experience and success interpreting research requests, developing analysis plans, performing high-level statistical analysis, statistical sampling, and computing required samples sizes.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience in:
Exploratory Data Analysis
- Sample Size Determination
- Linear and Logistic Regression
- Response Modeling
- Probability Calculations
- Experimental Design
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Statistical Process Control and Process Certification
- Multivariate Data Analysis
- Experience working on projects of complex scope where independent judgment is used within a broad range of defined procedures and practices.
- Demonstrated success effectively communicating in written documents and oral briefings the reason studies were initiated, justification of methods selected, results, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Experience developing new applications and methodologies for existing or newly acquired data, and leading design efforts in selecting statistical methodology.
- Advanced proficiency in statistical programming software, (e.g. SAS, R, Matlab, Python, etc.)
- Understanding and application of image quality standards (e.g. NIIRS), scales, metrics and image quality equations.
- Knowledge of NSG tasking, collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination (TCPED) image chain
- Knowledge of sensor imaging systems, products, and exploitation processes
- Strong understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle to include independent testing and data verification
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with emphasis on briefing to obtain decisions and solve technical issues and test plans/reports writing
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness to learn, solve problems and perform in a dynamic work environment
- Experience working in a DoD or IC operational environment
Job ID 2018-50596
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time