Vencore Systems Integration & Testing Engineer Technical Specialist in Springfield, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Vencore is seeking a motivated QUALITY TEST ENGINEER in support of NGA Integration Test & Image Quality Office (TAC) on the Acadia program. Join a skilled, highly respected and long standing team supporting product quality mission for the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). This is a unique opportunity to enhance your career by working with the community subject matter experts and directly with the customer. The successful candidate will betasked with supporting initialization, system tests and verification activities to verify the quality of systems and products to support the intelligence community. The quality test engineer will need to applytheir expertise and skillsets to successfully develop, coordinate, and execute a risk-based GEOINT product quality assessment program. This function includes understanding of the data and capabilities that support the TCPED process, as well as the systems engineer processes relevant to DoD acquisition programs.
Based on the priorities of the office and the active projects, the candidate will be tasked to:
- Provide qualified understanding of testing principles that enables design, development, and execution of a evaluation and verification for image quality.
- Provide and maintain functional knowledge of the following National System for GEOINT (NSG), system engineering processes and procedures, and GEOINT capabilities that reside in NSG legacy and cloud environments.
- Provide qualified knowledge of GEOINT sources and sensor types and phenomenologies to include: Panchromatic, SAR, Infrared, and multi-spectral sensors (national, commercial and airborne sources), Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR), Full Motion Video (FMV), Motion Imagery (MI), Hyper-spectral imaging systems, Light Detecting and Ranging(LiDAR) systems.
- Conduct early GEOINT product quality requirements review and risk assessments of new sensor data, NSG systems and capabilities, and data workflows.
- Identify GEOINT product quality impacts of capabilities introduced or proposed to the NSG and identify the need for GEOINT product quality assessments to mitigate those impacts through:
- Plan and propose product quality assessments of GEOINT data and NSG capabilities; conducting risk analysis, identifying data needs and data evaluation points in the product workflow, building test cases, and defining success thresholds.
- Identify and report gaps in data availability and assessment capabilities that limit or preclude full assessment of product quality risk.
- Perform analysis of assessment results against identified risk to the NSG; generate a comprehensive test report, and develop a recommendation for operational readiness reviews.
- Provide qualified expertise on the use of COTS and GOTS electronic light table (ELT) applications employed within the NSG.
- Provide ELT software assessments for the full range of traditional and non-traditional imaging systems, products, and imagery data formats as required by program requirements or user needs to include: ELT functional and non-functional requirements, ELT output products, image chain verification, Softcopy Image Processing Standard (SIPS) performance, data compression, display performance, and others.
- Provide analysis of new sensor products toward development of recommended default display settings for ELTs.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Image Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Software Engineering or in a related Engineering
- 5-10 years of system engineering experience
- Knowledge of tasking, collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination image chain
Knowledge of sensor imaging systems, products, and/or exploitation processes
Strong understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle to include independent testing and data verification
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with emphasis on briefing to obtain decisions and solve technical issues and test plans/reports writing
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness to learn, solve problems and perform in a dynamic work environment
- Understanding and application of image quality standards (e.g. NIIRS), scales, metrics and image quality equations.
- Image product modeling and simulation
- Experience with image processing and display software (Socet, RemoteView, ENVI, etc.)
- Engineering code development (Matlab, IDL)
- Experience working in a DoD or IC operational environment.
Job ID 2018-50600
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time