Vencore Test Engineer in Springfield, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
- Supervises the progress and status of the development deliveries from planning to IOC
- Reviews developer stories/features to create enterprise test procedures
- Executes test procedures in a constrained timeline
- Coordinates with leads, government and developers when discrepancies are identified during testing
- Supports the weekly status meetings to inform the SI team of the current development/test status
- Performs DITL testing procedures in a time-constrained environment during transition activities
- Performs routine tests on the operational system to ensure proper functionality
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science / Engineering field or a Geo-spatial Information System (GIS); or 1-6 years related technical experience
- Experience with IC or DoD mission engineering
- Demonstrated knowledge of System Engineering Processes
- Ability to develop and formulate solutions for problems/issues
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective customer relationships with senior level government personnel; ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Self-starter and able to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written/verbal communications, technical/non-technical presentation skills
- Understanding of imagery exploitation and reporting capabilities
- Experience with commercially available ELTs such as RemoteView, Socet GXP, etc.
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to interface effectively via written and oral communications with personnel at all levels of government and contractor staff
- Strong skills using MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with agile development methodologies
Job ID 2018-50693
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time