Vencore Wireless Systems Research Director in Washington, District Of Columbia
Vencore Labs (formerly Applied Communication Sciences) is a self-sustaining research center within Vencore that provides applied research and engineering to enable government agencies, utilities and commercial enterprises to fully exploit the future of communications, data analytics and cyber security. From smart grid to smart phones, intelligent highways to intelligent battlefields, Vencore Labs’ 200 scientists, engineers and analysts are consistently creating generation-after-next technologies and solutions. In doing so, our labs are helping to transform traditional government research. We connect our customers to advanced research and technology helping them to develop solutions to their toughest challenges. Accelerating the arc of transformation — from research to engineering to products — that’s what we focus on each day at Vencore Labs.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Note : The location for this position is flexible to anywhere along the I-95 corridor between Washington DC and New York. Vencore Labs headquarters is in Basking Ridge, NJ.
This position is a key leadership role within Vencore Labs focusing within the wireless systems and networks research areas. The position will develop and lead research in digital RF communications, RF signal processing, spectrum sensing and will employ novel concepts to bring to bear to hard problems. The ideal candidate should have existing relationships within customer agencies (DARPA, CERDEC, AFRL, and Intelligence Customers) and should have managed multiple different research projects sponsored by these organizations.
- Developing a unified technical and business strategy for the Wireless Systems and Networks department
- Expanding both the business and customer base of the department
- Ensuring successful execution of ongoing and upcoming projects
- Line management, including recruiting, hiring and professional staff development
- Collaborating with other managers within the company to ensure the overall success of the organization
- Ph.D. in Engineering or Applied Physics (preferred) or M.S. in Engineering with required experience.
- Experience in Wireless Systems research, in areas such as RF Signal Processing, digital communications, wireless networking, including network control and management, and spectrum management. Familiarity with existing DoD radios and EW/SIGINT systems and experience with transition of technologies to these systems is a plus.
- Experience supervising teams of at least 10.
- Experience leading complex research projects related to wireless systems.
- A minimum 5 years (preferably 10 years) of experience generating business in wireless systems research.
- Experience generating business with government research agencies.
- Security Clearance is required.
Job ID 2018-49791
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time