Vencore Senior Information Assurance Analyst/System Administration Engineer in West Bethesda, Maryland
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Routinely scans and remediates Research, Development, Test and Engineering (RDT&E) computers.
- Ensures the rigorous application of information security / information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all IT services
- Operates, maintains, develops, upgrades and tests computer networks, SANs, databases, mail services and acquisition and analysis systems used in support of surface ship and submarine acoustic trials programs
- Performs IA related customer support functions including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, and/or training, in response to customer requirements for the Network Environment (NE).
- Provides end user support for all IA-related applications for the NE.
- Manages accounts, network rights, and access to NE systems and equipment.
- Installs, tests, maintains, and upgrades network operating systems software and hardware to comply with IA requirements.
- Ensures that hardware, software, data, and facility resources are archived, sanitized, or disposed of in a manner consistent with system security plans and requirements.
- Writes and maintains scripts for the NE.
• Maintains IA certification appropriate to position.
Five to ten years of related experience required. CompTIA Security+ certification required. Active DoD security clearance (Secret) and U.S. citizenship required. Must be willing to travel occasionally (up to 20%). MCSE or MCSA certification highly desirable. Bachelor’s degree in computer technology, engineering, or related technical field preferred, but not required. The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Detailed knowledge in Information Assurance, network scanning, and remediation techniques utilizing WSUS and ACAS.
- Detailed knowledge of network security through Active Directory with managed group policies
- Knowledge in the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance of large Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Exchange Servers
- Knowledge and familiarity with DoD computer security directives and instructions.
- Knowledge of designing, configuring and maintaining, relational databases through SQL Servers and SharePoint
• Expert knowledge in installing and maintaining personal computer hardware and software, operating systems, and networks.
Job ID 2018-50948
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time