Vencore Systems Engineer Technical Specialist in Westfields, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Vencore/INCEPTUM is seeking a talented; customer focused SIGINT SME. Interested candidates should thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up their sleeves, work hard, have fun, and motivate the team. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, leadership abilities, organization, have an ability to prioritize their time, and understand the value of providing strong customer service.
This individual will serve as a SIGINT SME on the ESE team of the INCEPTUM Contract. The candidate will support assessing requirements, CONOPs and architecture products, assessing system schedule and risks, supporting test and verification strategy and system integration of new initiatives in support of expanded mission capabilities. The selected candidate will have the aptitude to assess processes and create efficiencies. The selected candidate will have frequent client interactions, and support system and mission strategy development across the various offices. Due to the broad nature of the ESE team workload, the selected candidate should have knowledge in SIGINT systems and experience with national systems. The candidate will support various system readiness events and independent review teams and is required to have a strong systems engineering background. The candidate will interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs) and facilitate risk and action closure with Acquisition Offices and users, and support technical consultation, meeting coordination, and support to recommendation briefings.
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
• BS in engineering, physics or related technical degree
• Integration and Closure experience in customer domain
• Strong business acumen; ability to relate professionally inside the work environment
• Detailed knowledge of SIGINT systems and overall space and ground architecture
• Expertise in mission technical capabilities and system performance analysis and assessment
• Experience with Mission Planning, Control or Processing functions in support of space and ground architecture
• Experience identifying user & enterprise needs/requirements and gap identification, analysis and assessment
• Experience in supporting Requirements Engineering, CONOPs development, and system integration to accommodate the End to End SIGINT Systems Engineering.
• Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority
Strongly Desired Skills:
Familiarity with overall INCEPTUM customer. Ability to work for specific IC customer and familiarity with that customer’s processes and organization. Certified in one or more of the following: SAFe, ITIL, PMI/PMP, INCOSE.
Job ID 2018-50611
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time