Vencore Systems Engineer Technical Specialist in Westfields, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics. Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements. Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development. Designs interfaces and brings system elements together so they work as a whole. Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements. Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements. Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation. Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures. Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
• BS in engineering, physics or related technical degree
• Integration and Closure experience in customer domain
• Strong business acumen; ability to relate professionally inside the work environment
• Detailed knowledge of SIGINT systems and overall space and ground architecture
• Expertise in mission technical capabilities and system performance analysis and assessment
• Experience with Mission Planning, Control or Processing functions in support of space and ground architecture
• Experience identifying user & enterprise needs/requirements and gap identification, analysis and assessment
• Experience in supporting Requirements Engineering, CONOPs development, and system integration to accommodate the End to End SIGINT Systems Engineering.
• Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority
Strongly Desired Skills:
Familiarity customer processes and organization, technical familiarity with one or more SIGINT or COMM systems and subsystems, including sensor knowledge. Certified in one or more of the following: SAFe, ITIL, PMI/PMP, INCOSE.
Job ID 2018-50235
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time