Vencore Systems Engineer in White Sands, New Mexico
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics. Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements. Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development. Designs interfaces and brings system elements together so they work as a whole. Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements. Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements. Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation. Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures. Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
This position requires experience and understanding of operational systems and environments. The candidate is required to have a strong engineering background with a focus on core systems engineering skills and significant sensor, image science, and/or product quality domain knowledge of mission capabilities and performance.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Experience with NTM systems and products
- Ability to lead/coordinate testing activities;Demonstrated understanding of user needs
- Demonstrated success working in collaborative team environments
- Ability to multi-task; Willingness to support surge efforts
- Excellent presentation and communication skills; Demonstrated ability to clearly explain technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences
- Customer focused and capable of representing the customer in community forums
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (aerospace, mechanical, electrical, software), image science, physics, mathematics, or similar technical discipline with 8+ years of domain experience
- Expertise in EO Image Science (Phenomenology, Sensor technology, Image Processing)
- Experience with image format specifications and imagery support data checkout and compliance to standards
- Experience providing product quality review of NTM imagery and ability to correct for end user exploitation
- Understanding of the GEOINT enterprise TCPED process
- Experience with validation, verification, and test activities
- Experience in systems engineering processes
- Proficiency is software languages: Matlab, Python, IDL, Perl, C, C++, etc
- Master’s degree in image science or engineering
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
Job ID 2018-50754
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time